This book is designed to help candidates succeed at the Assessment Centre, the final stage in EPSO competitions and the gateway to jobs in the EU institutions. This specially updated 2021 edition includes the online testing regime and situational competency based interview introduced because of the Covid pandemic. Written by experts in EPSO competitions, it explains exactly what the assessors are looking for and is packed with useful tips about how to prepare, what to do – and mistakes to avoid.
- How the EPSO Assessment Centre works − in normal times and with Covid restrictions
- The EPSO competencies and how they are measured
- The exercises used to test the competencies, the keys to success and the pitfalls to avoid
- Full sample exercises with scoring keys
- Recruitment & the Competency Passport
- Includes the situational competency based interview introduced because of Covid
- Relevant for all Administrator, Assistant, Linguist and Specialist competitions
- Supported by free online self-assessment tool – generate your own Competency Passport
Table of Contents
- The EPSO Assessment Centre
- The EPSO Competency Framework
- The In-Tray (E-tray) Exercise
- The Case Study
- The General Competency Based Interview
- The Oral Presentation
- The Group Exercise
- The Interview in the Field
- The EU Motivational Interview
- The Situational Competency Based Interview
- What if You’re Not on the Reserve List?
- Competencies, anchors and indicators
- Sample In-tray (E-tray) Exercise
- Sample Case Study
- General Competency Based Interview Questions
- Sample Oral Presentation
- Sample Group Exercise
- Sample Motivational Interview Questions
- Sample Competency Passport
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Publication Date
- 1 Mar 2021
- Page Count
- 186 x 245mm
Buy The Ultimate EU Test Book Assessment Centre 2021
PDF ebooks can be downloaded and read on all devices including Kindle devices and apps.
Make sure you register as a newsletter subscriber. Subscribers enjoy exclusive subscriber discounts on ebooks.
Some Popular Online Suppliers
Note: prices and delivery terms may vary!
Do you work in an EU institution, body or delegation? If so, we recommend European Bookshop. They will safely deliver your book via the EU internal mail service free of charge, in Brussels, Luxembourg or anywhere else worldwide. You just need to specify your institution and office details when you order.
- Book Depository (free delivery worldwide)
- Books Etc. (free UK delivery)
- European Bookshop (Brussels)