£30 / €39
Published: 19 February 2018
This book is designed to help candidates succeed at the Assessment Centre, the final stage in selection competitions for jobs in the EU institutions. Written by experts in EPSO competitions, it explains exactly what the assessors are looking for and is packed with useful tips about how to prepare, what to do – and mistakes to avoid.
- How the EPSO Assessment Centre works, including a typical day
- The EPSO competencies and how they are measured
- The exercises used to test the competencies, the keys to success and the pitfalls to avoid
- Full sample exercises with scoring keys
- Recruitment & the Competency Passport
- Relevant for all Administrator, Assistant, Linguist and Specialist competitions
Table of Contents
- The EPSO Assessment Centre
- The EPSO Competency Framework
- The In-Tray (E-tray) Exercise
- The Case Study
- The General Competency Based Interview
- The Oral Presentation
- The Group Exercise
- The Interview in the Field
- What if You’re Not on the Reserve List?
- Competencies, anchors and indicators
- Sample In-tray (E-tray) Exercise
- Sample Case Study
- General Competency Based Interview Questions
- Sample Oral Presentation
- Sample Group Exercise
- Sample Competency Passport
- Frequently Asked Questions
András Baneth is an author, speaker, trainer and consultant, and partner at Arboreus Online EU Training. He is also managing director of the Public Affairs Council’s European office.
Jan De Sutter is a coach and trainer, focusing on personalised coaching and preparation for the EPSO Assessment Centre. He is a former EU official and EPSO Selection Board president.