A political scientist and communication expert by training, Doru Frantescu is the CEO of VoteWatch Europe, an organisation he cofounded in 2009 and which has become the go-to source for academia, decision-makers, stakeholders and citizens who want to understand how the EU decisions are actually being made, beyond the official line. Doru Frantescu combines qualitative research with analysis of big (political) data to spot trends and predict international developments. His work is regularly being used by reputed institutions and quoted by the world-wide media, e.g. Financial Times, Euronews, BBC, France24, CNN, etc. His personal website is available at frantescu.eu and his email address is [email protected].
Publications by Doru Frantescu
- Frantescu, Doru, Hix, Simon, The 2019 European Parliament Elections: Potential Outcome and Consequences, Sieps, 2019
- Dialer, Doris, Richter, Margarethe, Lobbying in the European Union, Springer, 2019 – Chapter: British Interest Representation in the European Union After Brexit
- Frantescu, Doru Petrisor, Values topple nationality in the European Parliament, Springer 2015
- Gherghina, Sergiu, Frantescu, Doru, Improving Rookies’ Performance: An Assessment of the Romanian MEPs’ Activity, Academia Europaea and Cambridge University Press, 2010
- Volintiru, Clara, Popescu, Maria-Floriana, Franțescu, Doru, Ciot, Melania-Gabriela, Political Support at EU Level for Energy and Environmental Policies, Romanian Journal of European Affairs, Vol. 19, No. 2, December 2019