“A wonderful book”Martin Schulz, President of the European Parliament
An insiders’ view of what the European Parliament is really like: the environment and atmosphere of Brussels, Strasbourg and Luxembourg; the MEPs and the staff; the internal politics; the personalities; and how the work is actually done. Illustrated throughout with more than 350 photographs, this book will fascinate anyone who has ever wanted to get a flavour of what it’s like to work at the European Parliament.
“Readers will discover the workings of this institution … and also the human drama”Jacques Delors
Table of Contents
Preface, by Jacques Delors
- Habitats and inhabitants: Parliament and its people
- A Tale of Three Cities
- A Dash of Politics
- The National Question: The Unspoken Factor
- The French in Strasbourg: Vive la Différence!
- The Gift of Tongues
- The ‘Glittering Prizes’
- The Sausage Machine
- The Money Men: Looking after the Taxpayer’s Euro
- Outside the Consensus – Reformers, Sceptics, Crusaders and Stars
- Life’s Rich Pageant
- The ‘Deep State’: the Influence of Permanent Officials
- Love, Love Me Do – Communicating the European Parliament
- Publication Date
- 21 Mar 2012
- Page Count
Buy Europe’s Parliament: People, Places, Politics
PDF ebooks can be downloaded and read on all devices including Kindle devices and apps.
Make sure you register as a newsletter subscriber. Subscribers enjoy exclusive subscriber discounts on ebooks.