“A very welcome contribution that shows the leadership qualities of European women. It inspires women working in Brussels − and beyond” Kristalina Georgieva, Chief Executive Officer, World Bank
“Reflections by a remarkable collection of European leaders that women everywhere will want to read” Anne-Marie Slaughter, President and CEO, New America Foundation
Women Leading the Way in Brussels brings together the stories of women leaders in the capital of Europe. In a series of punchy, frank, and revealing portraits, these inspirational role models, who have “made it” in a variety of sectors, share their experiences, reflect on lessons learnt, and impart advice for the next generation of aspiring women leaders.Also including:
- Facts & figures about women in decision-making in Europe.
- Advice and “dos and don’ts” for women leaders-to-be.
- How to develop more gender-inclusive organisations.
- Directory of groups which connect and support professional women in Brussels.
Table of Contents
Part I: Setting the Scene
- A Different Take on Brussels Today
- Women at Work in Brussels
- Gender Equality in Europe? − Bringing European Statistics to Life
- Why is Change so Slow in Europe?
Part II: Portraits of Women Leading the Way
- Salomé Cisnal de Ugarte, Partner, Antitrust and Competition, Hogan Lovells
- Ana Gomes, Member of the European Parliament
- Louise Harvey, Chair of Strategic Communications at FTI Consulting
- Danuta Hübner, Member of the European Parliament & former European Commissioner
- Lotte Leicht, Director of Human Rights Watch Brussels Office
- Isabella Lenarduzzi, Founder and Director of JUMP
- Oana Lungescu, NATO Spokesperson
- Ann Mettler, Head of the European Political Strategy Centre, European Commission
- Monique Pariat, Director General of European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO)
- Françoise Pissart, Managing Director at the King Baudouin Foundation
- Helga Schmid, Secretary General of the European External Action Service (EEAS)
- Shéhérazade Semsar-de Boisséson, Publisher and Managing Director of POLITICO
- Pastora Valero, Vice President at CISCO Systems
- Margot Wallström, Swedish Minister for Foreign Affairs, former European Commissioner
Part III: Reflections and Conclusions
- Tips from the Top: How Remarkable Women Lead in Brussels
- Moving Forward
Part IV: Resources for Change-makers
- Recommendations to Increase Gender Diversity
- The Vibrant World of Brussels Women’s Networks and Support Initiatives
Annex I Our Personal Suggestions for Learning More
Annex II Acronyms, Concepts and Jargon
200 pages with 14 photos.
Follow Women Leading the Way in Brussels on Facebook
A Short Video Presentation of the Book
- Publication Date
- 27 Sep 2017
- Page Count
- 138 x 216mm
Buy Women Leading the Way in Brussels
Some Popular Online Suppliers
Note: prices and delivery terms may vary!
Do you work in an EU institution, body or delegation? If so, we recommend European Bookshop. They will safely deliver your book via the EU internal mail service free of charge, in Brussels, Luxembourg or anywhere else worldwide. You just need to specify your institution and office details when you order.