IMPORTANT NOTE. EPSO has confirmed that all competitions that began before May 2023 will continue to have the Assessment Centre tests as given in their Notices of Competition. Candidates in these competitions can therefore use The Ultimate EU Test Book Assessment Centre 2021. A redesigned new Assessment and Recruitment edition will be released closer to the point when candidates in the new type of competitions starting after May 2023 reach the Reserve List.
This book is designed to help candidates succeed at the Assessment Centre, the final stage in EPSO competitions and the gateway to jobs in the EU institutions. This specially updated 2021 edition includes the online testing regime and situational competency based interview introduced because of the Covid pandemic. Written by experts in EPSO competitions, it explains exactly what the assessors are looking for and is packed with useful tips about how to prepare, what to do – and mistakes to avoid.
- How the EPSO Assessment Centre works − in normal times and with Covid restrictions
- The EPSO competencies and how they are measured
- The exercises used to test the competencies, the keys to success and the pitfalls to avoid
- Full sample exercises with scoring keys
- Recruitment & the Competency Passport
- Includes the situational competency based interview introduced because of Covid
- Relevant for all Administrator, Assistant, Linguist and Specialist competitions
- Supported by free online self-assessment tool – generate your own Competency Passport
Table of Contents
- The EPSO Assessment Centre
- The EPSO Competency Framework
- The In-Tray (E-tray) Exercise
- The Case Study
- The General Competency Based Interview
- The Oral Presentation
- The Group Exercise
- The Interview in the Field
- The EU Motivational Interview
- The Situational Competency Based Interview
- What if You’re Not on the Reserve List?
- Competencies, anchors and indicators
- Sample In-tray (E-tray) Exercise
- Sample Case Study
- General Competency Based Interview Questions
- Sample Oral Presentation
- Sample Group Exercise
- Sample Motivational Interview Questions
- Sample Competency Passport
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Publication Date
- 1 Mar 2021
- Page Count
- 186 x 245mm
Buy The Ultimate EU Test Book Assessment Centre 2021
Order online direct from the Publishers (UK only):
Price includes delivery by Royal Mail 24 hour tracked service.
Buy in-store in Brussels and Luxembourg
See this page for where to buy.
Do you work in an EU institution, body or delegation? If so, we recommend European Bookshop. They will safely deliver your book via the EU internal mail service free of charge, in Brussels, Luxembourg or anywhere else worldwide. You just need to specify your institution and office details when you order.European Bookshop (Brussels)