This new expanded and updated edition 2.0 is for all EU staff, at all levels, permanent, temporary or contract − and indeed anyone with ambitions to work in the EU sphere. It is supported by a free-to-use self-assessment app. With this book you will be able to:
- Understand the EU ‘core competencies’ of analysis and problem solving, communicating, delivering quality and results, learning and development, prioritising and organising, resilience, working with others, and leadership and how they will affect your career
- Assess your own strengths and weaknesses in each competency and create your own ‘competency passport’ and other valuable tools using the supporting free app
- Learn how to improve your personal performance for greater job satisfaction, positive performance reviews and career success.
- Benefit from new features on digital persuasion, teleworking and working in a multicultural environment
- Access the hands-on experience of EU Training coach and trainer Jan De Sutter
Table of Contents
PART I: The EU Career Pathways
- Working for the EU
PART II: The Competencies
- Why being smart isn’t enough
- Analysis and problem solving
- Delivering quality and results
- Learning and development
- Prioritising and organizing
- Working with Others
PART III: Special Challenges
- Digital Persuasion
- United in Diversity?
PART IV: Annexes
- Competencies, Anchors and Indicators
- Publication Date
- 7 Dec 2021; Printed book 8 Feb 2022
- Page Count
- 186 x 245mm
Buy The Ultimate EU Career Development Book 2.0
Order online direct from the Publishers (UK only):
Price includes delivery by Royal Mail 24 hour tracked service.
Buy in-store in Brussels and Luxembourg
See this page for where to buy.
Do you work in an EU institution, body or delegation? If so, we recommend European Bookshop. They will safely deliver your book via the EU internal mail service free of charge, in Brussels, Luxembourg or anywhere else worldwide. You just need to specify your institution and office details when you order.European Bookshop (Brussels)